Under normal circumstances, it is too late to merge sections for the current term. If you feel you need to make an exception, see the red section in Step 1.
This page allows faculty to create a request that the system administrator can use to merge existing courses into a master course set. Once merged into the set, the child course will be marked as unavailable. New content should be managed in the master course. Current enrollments from the child course will be replicated in the master course, and future enrollment changes in the child will be synchronized with the master course.
Be sure you understand the following:
- It is very important to enter CRNs accurately.
- Please make sure that all sections exist in eLearn before requesting that they be merged.
- If your merge spans more than one course number, replace the number or letter that differs with an 'x'; e.g., PE-184, PE-185, PE-186 would be entered as 'pe' and '18x'.
- Once courses are merged, you as the instructor, will see the child sections listed as 'unavailable' along with the master course. Students will only see their child course listed, but will be re-directed to the parent course content.
- If one of the merged sections contains the material you wish to use, you can still copy from it into the parent section.
- Merging must be done prior to any student work! Prior student work in a child section becomes unavailable in the process and cannot be brought over into the Parent.
- Course prefixes can be entered in lower-case.